Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Teenager????

Paige & friends at the bowling alley.

How can it be?? I'm surely not old enough to have a teenage daughter! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PAIGE!!


Paige's 13th birthday was last Saturday, February 16. She celebrated by inviting a couple of friends over. We went bowling (I won!), and the girls got to browse at Target for over an hour. We finished off the evening with dinner at Applebee's where I had a very excellent steak.


I wasn't sure what to get Paige for her birthday, so I ended up ordering some clothes from Hollister Co. Well, I think I am old enough to raise a teenage daughter! Let me tell you why. One of the items Paige liked online was this pair of shorts. I looked at them and thought, "Okay, these will work for a swimsuit cover up, she can wear them to the lake, sleep in them, etc."


When they arrived, I nearly needed CPR! I think the inseam could have only been a quarter inch long! AND Paige's legs are about a mile long. Yeah. Since this was the day before Paige's birthday, I wrapped them up anyway.


Turns out, they weren't as short as I originally thought, and they will work to wear over her swimsuit. BUT, all you mothers of daughters out there, take heed!! Paige is very modest, Thank you, Lord, but I know the day will come when she & I disagree about "appropriate" clothing!


About Hollister-if you've never been in the store, you need night vision goggles to see the clothing that is for sale. I'm not kidding. I think the walls must be painted black, and the lighting is very dim. Yep. Fun times for the ol' mom. Thank goodness Jason hasn't been in there. We'd never hear the end of it!

0 comments: