Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Birthday Boy

Lane turned 8 on October 8th! He was so excited that he had trouble sleeping for about a week. Remember those days? The anticipation? Ahhh, to be 8 years old again.

Jason took brownies and juice boxes to Lane's classroom for his school party. In Lane's 2nd grade class, the birthday boy or girl gets to sit on a chair and then choose four "very strong" classmates. The chosen students then lift up the birthday boy or girl in their chair (with a little help from Mrs. Brown) the number of years old that they are. Lane thought that was awesome!

We had Caramel Apple Pie on Saturday to celebrate. Lane's present from Jason & me....a new garbage truck, of course! Complete with a conveyor belt to lift the trash dumpster up & dump it in the bin.



3 comments:

Joann said...

Happy Birthday to you, Lane! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

We love you,
Uncle Dick and Aunt Jo

Earl and Lois said...

Lane, if there is any such a thing as trash around your house or yard you can pick it up with your new trash truck and put it in a dumpster. A very good picture of you and your big sister for your birthday.
Our love to all of you.

sahmqueen said...

AHHHH. He is so cute. Can you believe your "baby" is 8? My middle one turns 5 today. Time is flying by. Every birthday is bittersweet for me. I wish I could have seen Jason holding those treats and juice boxes. hahahaha. It is funny to think of former classmates as being full fledged "parents" now, huh? I always love it when you post something new. I have lost the desire to blog. I do facebook some. I will have to post a blog update soon.