Sunday, November 9, 2008

Test Anxiety

So, some of you know that I have to take a math test next Saturday in order to be endorsed to teach middle school math. Well....

I found out about this wonderful news in September. No worries. How hard could a middle school math test be? I figured that I would need to brush up on my Algebra I skills and review some more geometry than what we cover in 8th grade math.

Then I ordered the study guide for this *&%#@ test. I started reviewing & studying, but I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble comprehending the graphing & function stuff in the study guide. It seemed way beyond Algebra I. So I had a student in Algebra II look over it for me (thinking that she could tutor me). She informed me that I needed a junior or senior to help me, because they were studying this in the upper level math classes. Great.

So, long story short, I am searching for a high school senior or college level student (who is good at math), and could pass for me in 15 years with a little wrinkle cream, age spots, cellulite, etc. I am offering a nice sum of cash to said person if they will take the test for me. Seriously.

The funny thing is, I keep having flashbacks to the 80's movie Spies Like Us. Remember when Chevy Chase was trying to pass the secret agent exam & he wore an eyepatch and cast & sling on his arm so that he could write answers on them? That was one of my favorite scenes from the movie! Oh & when Chevy & Dan Akroyd had to pretend to be doctors in the Bedouin camp in the desert! Anyway, I think I might try something like that.

Please pray for me on Saturday!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

Are you sure you ordered the right study guide? Just a hopeful thought!

Mike & Dana said...

Good luck Gwen, Mike is the math expert in our family, I'm praying Kevin (6th grade math) won't need any help for the month Mike's away because I don't "get" the math our kids are taught, it's weird. (of course, there's the fact that I've been out of math for a couple years) On the brighter side I can still help Cameron (2nd grade) :0)
Hang in there,
We'll pray for you!!!!

Drew and Carrie said...

not very nice to make you take that high of a math test in order to teach middle school! i'll be praying for you, i've been there! =)