Saturday, November 17, 2007

Extreme Farm Fun

Paige & Aubrey before The Jump
Luke, Aubrey, & Paige in actionPaige & Aubrey rolling down the mash (this is what the kids jumped into). Note Paige's flower on the wall above Aubrey. This stuff is gooey enough that Paige could plaster it on the wall of the shed.
Smashing gyp
Tough guys
There you have it, folks! This is what we do for fun at Grandpa Bob's farm! The older kids were jumping into a pile of distilled corn mash (byproduct of ethanol that is fed to cattle)-anyway I think that's what the stuff is called. I think the word "distilled" says it all. This stuff smells like a sour brewery! However, it's warm and gooey, and the kids think it's the best stuff ever! Lane & Jack were occupied with climbing on the pile of gyp and smashing rocks. They could have spent hours out there if we let them.

1 comments:

sahmqueen said...

This reminds me of my childhood. Ask Kenyon about running from the cows, or Shana about running from the coyotes. My sister and I used to spend all day cleaning my uncle's pig barn, just so we could play house in there. Fun memories.