Monday, October 29, 2007

It's almost November????

Where did the time go? Well, not much exciting has happened around here recently. Try not to yawn as you read my update!
The first nine weeks is over for school. Paige and Lane both did very well on their report cards. Lane went on a couple of field trips, so that was a highlight. I didn't get to go-I'll go in the spring. Paige's volleyball team finished their season last week. They did not have a winning record, so it was a disappointing season. She started basketball practice today. Lane is still in gymnastics and loves it! It's amazing to see how his strength and flexibility have continued to develop and improve. Maybe I should be in the class!
We spent Saturday out at Mom & Dad's. Paige is earning money for a trip to Washington DC in May, so we worked on cleaning out the barn. We finished the job, and Paige & Lane both worked really hard until they found the baby kittens! Then they just wanted to hold the kittens and play with them. I can't say that I blame them. I used to spend HOURS in the chickenhouse playing with baby kittens when I was a girl. We also got to check out the basement in the old house. I hadn't been down there in awhile! The kids thought it was great-we found Uncle Clifton's army uniform hat, old taxes from Arthur Wiles from 1948, old ammo, an old wheelchair, etc. etc. Then Lane built a doghouse for Casey, with a little help from Grandpa Bob. The entire house took about 30 minutes to assemble, and Lane was thrilled. :)
Jason & I got to go to Garden City for the afternoon yesterday after church. I found two new pairs of jeans, so I was excited. I don't like shopping for jeans when I am looking for anything else. Jeans are so tricky-too short, too long, too big, too tight, etc. Anyway, finding two pair was great!
So, there you have it: my thrilling weekend. Actually, I have to admit- it was fine. I enjoy nice quiet weekends without commitments. After working all week and surviving the madness of school, activities, laundry, cooking, cleaning, sometimes I just want to sit in front of the TV and watch mindless shows.
Ahh-my final point. I did get to watch my one and only show: Dancing with the Stars! Corny, I know, but I love it! I'm getting pretty good at predicting the judges' scores. My guess is that Jane will get voted off tomorrow night. We'll see if I'm right....

4 comments:

Drew and Carrie said...

i thought it would be jane voted off too, what a shock, it was sabrina! yeah, i watch the show every week!

sahmqueen said...

Sounds like your weekend was fun. I agree. Jean shopping can be awful. Not as awful as swimsuit shopping, but close. I love the picture of you on your page. You look so hip and young. Way to go! :)

Kim for the Kings said...

Actually I LOVED reading your post. Thanks for sharing. I completely understand the joy of a relaxing weekend! (Of course, I don't have the additional responsibility of kids...so maybe I don't really understand.) Anyway, glad to have this way to stay in touch, Gwen. Love ya!

Joann said...

Ah, yes, the barn....I spent hours in that barn back when I was a kid; just ask your dad! Glad your kids are now getting to experience that very special place of memories!
Love to all--
Aunt Jo