Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lane

First of all, let me just say how proud of myself I am! Two posts in one day-a new record.

Lane's visit to the optometrist resulted in a new prescription like I thought it would. He had come home from school complaining of having to rest his eyes several times. Poor kid. He is very far-sighted, and the optometrist explained how hard Lane has to work to read or do schoolwork that is up close.

So the doctor explained that Lane was going to get new glasses that would make it so much easier for him to read. Lane was so excited.
"You mean I won't see purple spots anymore when I'm trying to read or do work?" he asked.
"Nope. You'll be able to read for hours with your new glasses."
"Alright!"

Well, the new glasses are bifocals. Hmmmm.

I was worried about Lane adjusting, but the doctor told me that kids rarely have any problems with bifocal lenses. Adults are the ones who struggle. Anyway, Lane will probably have bifocals for a couple of years and then outgrow them. Hopefully just in time for contacts!

Off to watch the Olympic Swimming Trials!!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

No more purple spots... Yeah!

Joann said...

It seems like children adjust to lots of things easier than us old fogies! I think I'm glad it's that way, though. Lane, enjoy all that you'll see without strain with those new glasses!

Mike & Dana said...

Hi Gwen, tell Lane I just got contacts after ignoring headaches and "squinting" for about 10 years!!!! (I can't say that I remember any purple spots though). Anyway, I love being able to see, I had no idea how blurry everything was.
Thanks for the pictures and updates.
Love,
Dana