Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swimming, Baseball, Weekend Getaway, Etc.

It's been a little while since my last update (anyone surprised?), so I am including all kinds of topics! Here we go! The first picture is of Lane at the pool. He was doing underwater handstands, and I was supposed to be taking pictures of him doing just that. Not sure what this picture is. He kind of looks like he is trying out for the synchronized swimming Olympic team.


Lane also played minor league (coach pitch) baseball this year. It was so much more fun than t-ball! There was more action and even some excitement! Lane enjoyed the season and even included baseball in his top three favorite sports. I didn't know he had a favorite, but they are: #1 skiing, #2 baseball, #3 swimming. He was sure to inform us that basketball will never be his numero uno. Sorry, Jason.

As you can see, Casey the weiner dog, makes herself right at home in Lane's bed. She never even tries to sleep with anyone else. Only Lane. Could it be because she has been scolded for even looking at my bed or Paige's bed?

We went to Denver this past weekend. Friday night we went to a Rockies game. The weather was beautiful, the Rockies won, and we even witnessed an in-park homerun, which according to Jason, "Just doesn't happen!"

You know how it never fails that there is some loudmouth jerk who is always a few rows away at every sporting event? Well, there was a loudmouth there, alright. BUT, he was FUNNY! He didn't swear, didn't act obnoxiously, didn't do anything inappropriate. The whole section was cracking up at the heckling he was giving the leftfielder. I still chuckle just thinking about it!

We went to Dave & Buster's for dinner Saturday evening. It was something new & different to try. The atmosphere was pretty cool. They had a huge arcade to lure you in to the back. Lane saw this wall of gumball machines and was awestruck. We didn't visit the arcade (actually the kids didn't even care!).

The food was pretty good. I wouldn't call it fine dining, but it was much better than our lunch at WaterWorld! I think what we liked the best was the ceiling fan contraption. The restaurant had several ceiling fans, and they were all powered & connected by a pulley system. Of course Lane was fascinated.
Water World. Saturday. July. 100 degrees. Need I say more? Well. Once we FINALLY GOT IN THE PARK we had a good time. Never never never again will we go on a Saturday. Enough said.

4 comments:

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

My kids are in awe of the bubblegum wall! Glad you had a good time :)

Kim for the Kings said...

Paige, you look as beautiful as ever in these pictures! :)

Gwen, you may find this funny, but she's getting to the age I tend to always picture you as (not that you don't still look that young ;). I did a double-take on the picture at the park - "Oh my, that's not Gwen?!"

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Yeah, well continue to feel free to view me as a teenager! Crow's feet-I mean laugh lines-and all wrinkles aside, I'm sure that I still look like I'm 18. Ha! :)

Bob said...

Hey Gwen-how about an update on this mornings activities. Your Mom said you both did well. Dad